How can ORICoop Farmers achieve this?
● By increasing carbon drawdown in farmland.
● Through best practice ecological land management.
● Incentives that determine positive ecological outcomes of soil, land, biodiversity, and water
● Measurable outcomes of land stewardship in terms of nature, wildlife, and regenerative farmland.
● Enable farms and businesses to achieve carbon neutrality
● Develop better market opportunities, shorter supply chains and better transparency
HOW CAN FARMERS REGISTER FOR the ECO-CREDIT™ PROGRAM?
Farmers around Australia have a massive opportunity to draw down carbon into their farms both above and below the ground. Through regenerative and organic land stewardship, farmers can be rewarded for improving the land that they manage, and the carbon that is sequestered terrestrially via biodiversity enrichment and through an increase in soil organic carbon.
Eco-Credits ™ are deployed directly to organic farmers – that are committed to increase the amount of carbon stored in their soil and to improve the quality of the water, soil, and biodiversity in their organic and ecological farming system. These commitments are independently verified via a third party audit each year.
Opportunities for farmers to commit to Ecological Credits (Eco-Credits™) include a tailored combination of:- –
- Measured levels of carbon in the soil
- Dedicated areas of biodiversity
- By planting more native trees
- By planting more cover crops
Organic and Biodynamic Farms can REGISTER HERE for the next Eco-Credit project
Farms calculate their own carbon footprint HERE
Each farmer will contribute to an annual Eco-Credit™ report for purchasers of the Eco-Credits. This report details the collective Eco-Credit™ impact, and the ecological drawdown benefit of well-managed farmland together with improved biodiversity areas including birds, insects, and endangered wildlife.
If your business is interested in Eco-Credits – complete the EOI above to register. If you are interested in learning more about your footprint contact us for further assistance.